As you know, as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic it has been necessary to implement a no visiting policy at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital since March 2020.
We are now able to recommence visits for patients admitted for more than three nights, although with stringent rules in place to protect the safety our patients, staff and visitors.
Visits will be arranged by appointment only and should be booked via the nurse in charge of your ward to ensure that the number of visitors attending the ward is kept within the safe limits defined by the Infection Control Team.
- 14.00hrs and 15.00hrs. Monday – Sunday.
- Visiting is strictly limited
- The Number of visitors to the ward will be restricted and allocated on a first come first served basis
- Each patient will be allowed two visits per week to allow all patients the opportunity to receive visitors
- Only one visitor will be admitted to the room at each visit
- Visits will not be open to children under the age of 18
How to Book - Bookings can be made by contacting us between the hours of Monday – Friday 7am – 5.30pm
- Telephone on 020 8909 5715
Please Note - Visitors will need to provide their email address and telephone number in order to receive a confirmation of the booking.
Visitors will need to have access to the confirmation email (digital or paper copy) available on arrival at the Hospital.
All weekend bookings will need to be booked and confirmed by Friday afternoon.
What to expect when visiting
Visitors will be asked to complete a screening check on arrival at the Ward prior to the start of the visit.
If a visitor answers positively to any of the questions in the screening check or appears to be unwell and a subsequent temperature check is greater than 37.8ºC, the visitor will be advised to go home and self-isolate and the visit cancelled.
- All visitors will be asked to wear a surgical face mask throughout the visit and will be expected to comply with social distancing measures.
- Good hand hygiene practices will be advised to both patient and visitors and social distancing measures will be in place where possible.
- Visits will be monitored by ward staff who will be available if there are any concerns.
We look forward to receiving your friends and family on the Ward
Where to get more information if patients/carers are concerned, worried or have more questions
Call the phone number on the letter sent with the details and date of your treatment/ operation/ procedure. Leave a message and we will aim to reply within 24 hours.