Your outpatient appointment at RNOH Private Care
We understand that coming to hospital during the current COVID-19 pandemic might cause our patients some anxiety. We want to reassure you we have your safety in mind and have made some changes to help protect you and our staff.
Before your appointment we will...
- Contact you to confirm your details
- Please do not attend the site if you have any of the below symptoms:
- A temperature above 37.8°C
- A new continuous cough or fever
- Loss of taste or smell
- Anyone in your household has symptoms of cough, fever or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Our team will also advise your consultant’s private secretary who will contact you to rearrange your appointment when it is safe to do so.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms you should stay at home and follow Government guidance
Click here for guidance for households with possible coronavirus infection
Day of your appointment
We have staggered appointment times to maintain social distancing. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your appointment.
Due to limitations on the number of people that we are able to accommodate in waiting areas, you will not able to bring anyone with you to accompany you into the building. If there is a clinical or urgent need for you to have an escort to accompany you inside the building, you may bring one person.
Only the following groups of patients will be granted permission to have one carer attend their appointment:
- Patients with a cognitive impairment, where a carer not being present would cause the patient to be distressed.
- Patients with a learning disability where a carer not being present would cause the patient to be distressed.
- Patients with a physical disability, where patients needs assistance from carer to manage daily living tasks such as personal care, toileting and assisting with mobility
- Parent or guardian of a child up to the age of 17 years
Please wear a mask or face covering on attending the hospital site. If you do not have one or do not arrive wearing one, you will be provided with a mask on entering the building.
Please be aware that if you arrive with a carer who does not meet the above criteria then they will be not allowed access into the building.
Trust Staff have the right to deny access to a carer.